Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Calgon Take Me Away

I got no pictures today.

HA! Did that make you laugh? I hope so because that is certainly not how I talk…or write!

I have been working a lot this week on a research paper I have due in a couple of weeks. The paper is not so much the problem. Turning in all the notes, in the correct, highlighted form is what is stressing me out. It doesn't help that this is from my only online class; which I am happy to report that I will not have to take next semester. I lucked out and got all my classes on campus and during the kid's school hours.

I am done next week with classes. I am pretty excited to have a break and be able to get some things done around the house, like decorating for Christmas. We haven't done any decorating yet. We haven't even opened the attic to get the boxes down. My dream garage will have shelves lining the walls so I can store all that kind of matter in there. It makes it so much easier to get to.

Life is still hectic and I can't tell you the last time I had a "quiet time." I don't mean just reading my Bible or praying; I mean a real quiet time to just be still.  My friend Angela and I were talking yesterday about her upcoming leisure trip to New York. She is going alone to visit her best friend, for 4 days, alone. Did I mention ALONE,  as in, without her 3 year old and 9 month old. Can you tell I am excited for her? She mentioned one of the things she is most looking forward to is sitting on a plane for two hours with uninterrupted reading. I can totally relate to that. For once I didn't have to wait as long as I usually do at the Dermatologist clinic today. I had my book - that I cannot put down - and I was ready to read. I maybe got three pages read, ugh.

Such is life, right? What do you do to "get away" but not really away. Yes, like the silly commercial used to say, "Calgon take me away."

If only it were true, just for a minute, right?

3 comments:

  1. I'm also excited to not have to plan my day around two kids and when they are hungry or sleepy or fussy...NYC here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your long runs will be one way to be taken away!! We need to plan some long runs together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laurie,
    The reason I love uniforms are because they are stress free and it creates a level playing field for all the kids. I think it also removes the focus from what to wear. We love uniforms and my kids never fussed about having to wear them!
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete