Tuesday, January 25, 2011

She's 12

We had Grace a little party!
I can't believe my daughter is 12. Lucky for me, I still don't feel old yet.
Poor Marcus came down with the flu last week and was sick all weekend. We had originally planned to have some friends of Grace's over for pizza and head to the movies, but didn't want any kids in the house with Marcus. He had already been on antibiotics for several days, and doctor confirmed he would not be contagious anymore, but we didn't want to take any chances.  We met at Cici's and then took the girls to the movies.  She had a great time!

This picture is only here because I am longing for this place, again. Honestly I wouldn't mind taking off and living/working here for a year or two but that's a different story. The crazy life of change that my husband and I love probably couldn't be explained anyhow! Jason and I have been talking about where we want to spend our vacation time this year. He only gets several weeks, so we like to use them wisely. Ultimately, we would love to visit my parents and sister in Israel. Unfortunately, flight costs are outragious. We just cannot do that yet. If I could persuade my mother to stay with the kids for a week (she'll be here for a couple of months), I would love to go back to England, with Jason this time. This top picture is taken in a cafe in Birmingham, England. It was right around the corner from where my sister was living at the time. 

Some of you have seen this before. As crowded as this  houseboat was, I would love to rent it again. It really was  an experience of a lifetime. This trip is still my favorite, to date. 

Just because it is so beautiful! I get really excited looking at this picture, imagining how great the pictures will be with my newer camera. (oh the little things that excite me)
This last picture is my formal announcement that I am doing the Country Music Half Marathon again. I am running with Team In Training. They are the largest endurance training organization. I loved participating with them last year and am thrilled to be training again. Running in the ice cold is a reminder to me that I don't run for just myself. The money I am fundraising goes to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help fight blood borne cancers. Sometimes, all I have to do is think about a patient who can't get out and run, much less walk, and that usually perks up my step.

If you should want to help me with my goal of fundraising $1150, you can click on the link at your right. It will take you straight to my page, where you can make a quick, online, tax deductable donation.

Thanks friends, for hanging in there with me. I know I am not the most consistant blogger!

2 comments:

  1. Love the boat/England pictures too! It's funny how frustrated we were at times with Dad's driving or Mom rocking the boat as she got up in the middle of the night. It was still a hilarious time. I would love to go back. Dad had mentioned getting two boats and going again...
    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Grace! I still remember the day she was born. She is such a good girl and I know you and Jason are very proud!

    Heather R.

    ReplyDelete